Babart: Bringing Art Closer
Based in Rome, Babart Gallery and Print Studio is a start-up dealing in high quality art prints. It brings together works by modern and contemporary artists and photographers to exhibit and sell them through hotels, B&Bs, and guesthouses. The project explores
Based in Rome, Babart Gallery and Print Studio is a start-up dealing in high quality art prints. It brings together works by modern and contemporary artists and photographers to exhibit and sell them through hotels, B&Bs, and guesthouses.
The project explores new ways of producing, buying, and selling artworks using state-of-the-art technologies. Babart believes gallery space should expand over the traditional galleries and instead use the visibility of B&B walls.
Through Babart, the buying process is facilitated by a smart system, allowing buyers to purchase in full autonomy. On the same token, artists are provided with a platform to sell and track their work in the secure Babart Ecosystem.
How it works:
1. The artist uploads his/her works on Babart’s online collection
2. The B&B owner selects and orders from Babart’s online collection the artworks he/she wants to exhibit in his/her space
3. Babart prints and frames the chosen artworks and ships them to the B&B along with informational and promotional material for the guests
4. Guests can buy artworks through their smartphones via the QR code they will find on each frame
5. Buyers can autonomously take down the artwork and pack it with the Babart packaging they can find behind the frame (each frame fits perfectly in a cabin-size suitcase!)
6. The photographer/artist and the B&B owner each receive 25% of the proceeds within 48 hours from the purchase
7. If an artwork isn’t sold within 6 months, B&B owners can switch it for free!
Find more information about Babart Gallery and Print Studio on the website and social media: